Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

MY SPEECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MY SPEECH:I WILL WALK IN TO MY FAMILYS FOOT STEPS!!!! 

Ehara taku toa

i te toa takitahi engari

he toa takitini!

This means: my strength is not that of one person but

of thousands - parents, grandparents and ancestors.
I’m here to tell you why I will follow in my families footsteps.
Traditions are customs or beliefs that are passed on from generation to generation. My family traditions teach me about our family values and make me feel connected to my whanau. Every April our family goes to Mangawhai to meet up with other families to spend time together, it is a fun time we all look forward to every year. We also spend a lot of time at my Uncle Toby’s. My cousins, aunties, uncles and grandparents always get together there. We’re making traditions happen all the time. I will follow the traditions of my family because they are important to me!

Passing on knowledge, history and experiences from generation to generation is important. If my grandad Terry was here, I know that he would love me and be proud because my Nana King always talks about him. She tells me all the things that he liked and used to talk about. He loved rugby and league, my Mum, her brother and sister. He was kind and funny. When Nana King talks about my grandad, I want to be a kind person like he was and I will follow in his footsteps.
My Great grandad was a policeman and I was lucky to know him and share time and stories with him. He attended the Tangiwai disaster on Christmas Eve 1953, when a train plunged into the flooded river, killing 151 people, he spent many days there helping people get back to their loved ones.
Sharing stories about my family even if they are not here anymore make me feel like I’m close to them and I can learn from their life. My dream is to be a policeman just like my great grandfather. To follow in his footsteps I will have to work hard at school and be fit and healthy so I can help people in our community just like my grandad did. I will make me family proud of me like they are of him.
Following in your family's footsteps is important and a big responsibility which i’m looking forward to doing as I get older.




Ko Mahuhu ki te rangi te waka

Ko Rahiri te tupuna

Ko Toka Toka te maunga

Ko Wairoa te awa

Ko Maunganui te moana

Ko Houhanga te marae

Ko Ngati Whatua te hapu

Ko Nga Puhi te iwi

Ko Chris raua ko Debbie oku matua

Ko Lochie toku ingoa.

No reira, tena koutou, tena koutou, tena tatou katoa.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog i look forward to your next one. From Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.